Abel received his Bachelor of Science majoring in Physics from National University of Singapore. He is currently involved in various Dolphin Bioacoustics Projects working on the dolphin clicks and whistle analysis, high frequency acoustic acquisition devices and syncronized video.
He loves to play musical instrument and some computer music besides fiddling with the technical side of sound.
Apart from the geekie stuff, he also enjoys all sorts of outdoor activities including hiking, caving, trekking, cycling, snorkeling and is excited on the next trip.
- M. Hoffmann-Kuhnt, D. Herzing, A. Ho, and M. A. Chitre, “Whose Sound is it Anyway? Identifying the Vocalizer on Underwater Video by Localizing with a Hydrophone Array,” Animal Behavior and Cognition, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 288–298, 2016. [ DOI | .pdf ]
- E. Matrai, M. Hoffmann-Kuhnt, A. Tse, and A. Z. H. Ho, “Horizontal and Vertical Echoic Angular Resolution in the Bottlenose Dolphin (Tursiops aduncus),” in Society for Marine Mammalogy Biennial Conference, (San Francisco, USA), December 2015. (Poster Presentation). [ .pdf ]
- M. Hoffmann-Kuhnt, A. Z. H. Ho, V. N. Hari, M. Chitre, E. Matrai, and A. Tse, “Buzz that Rod! Acoustic Analysis and Patterns of the Echolocation Signals of a Blindfolded Bottlenose Dolphin Performing a Horizontal and Vertical Angular Resolution Task,” in Society for Marine Mammalogy Biennial Conference, (San Francisco, USA), December 2015. (Poster Presentation). [ .pdf ]
- M. Hoffmann-Kuhnt, A. Z. H. Ho, and M. Chitre, “Dolphin “Echo-Imaging”: Recent Advances Investigating the Dolphin’s Abilities to Recognize Shapes through Echolocation,” in 12th International Conference on Theoretical and Computational Acoustics (ICTCA 2015), (Hangzhou, China), October 2015. (Invited).
- M. Hoffmann-Kuhnt, E. Matrai, A. J. G. Bouchage, A. Z. H. Ho, A. Tse, K. Kwok, and M. A. Chitre, “Size almost Doesn’t Matter! Cross-Modal Matching of Complex Shapes Across Different Ratios and Sizes by a Bottlenose Dolphin (Tursiops aduncus),” in 20th Biennial Conference on the Biology of Marine Mammals, (University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand), December 2013.